Sterilized Glass Bottles (with corks or lids).
To make Fresh Herbal Oil
1) Fresh Oregano - 2 sprigs.
2) Large basil leaves - 4.
3) Bay leaves - 2.
4) Fresh sage - 2 sprigs.
5) Garlic clove - 1 large piece, peeled and sliced.
6) Black peppercorns - 6.
7) Extra virgin oil - 5 cups (or 1.2 litres).
To make Fiery Chilli pepper Oil
1) Dried red chillies - 12.
2) Light olive oil/corn oil - 2 1/2 cups (600 ml).
3) Cayenne pepper - 2 tsp.
To make Fragrant Lemon Oil
1) A lemon.
2) Fresh Thyme - 3-4 sprigs.
3) Extra virgin olive oil - 2 1/2 cups (600 ml).
The oils will remain well for up to a month when stored in a cool place.
How to make
For Fresh Herbal Oil
1. Pour the oregano, basil, bay leaves, sage and garlic into a
cup and rub between your fingers to powder.
2. Divide the powdered content between sterilized bottles. Add
3. Pour in the oil into the bottles, leaving just a little from
their top, and fully covering the herbs and garlic.
4. Seal the bottles tightly with corks/screw caps. Shake well to
mix the contents.
5. Keep in a cool cupboard for about 2 weeks before using. This
would provide time for the flavors to develop.
For Fragrant Lemon Oil
Peel the zest from 1 lemon. Cut into thick pieces, place over
a warm oven and dry for a little more than an hour.
2. Put the lemon zest strips into sterilized glass bottles along
with the sprigs of fresh thyme. Pour in the extra virgin olive
oil. Preserve for 1-2 weeks before putting to use.
For Fiery Chilli Pepper Oil
Pour the light olive oil/corn oil into a medium-sized
saucepan. Add in the cayenne pepper. Chop the red chillies and
add them too.
3. Simmer the ingredients for 8-10 minutes.
4. Let cool for half a day. Strain into sterilized bottles. The
oil is ready.
You may add an extra chilli if you wish.