For the Iced Christmas Trees dough:
1) Butter - 1 stick (4 oz./115 g).
2) Superfine sugar - 1/2 cup (4 oz./115 g).
3) Egg - 1 large, beaten.
2) Ginger - 2 tsp., grounded.
3) Plain flour - 2 1/2 cups (11 oz./310 g).
4) Salt - A pinch.
5) Christmas tree cookie cutter.
6) Ready-to-use decorating icing - 1 tube.
7) Coloured balls.
8) A strip of narrow ribbon.
For the Gingerbread Hearts:
1) Red and green hard candies, broken up.
2) Silver balls.
3) Icing sugar.
1) Turn over the oven temperature to 375 degree Fahrenheit (Gas Mark 5).
2) Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
3) Spread out the dough to 1" thickness. Cut cookies of various geometric shapes out of the dough using a heart-shaped cutter.
4) Cut out the center of each cookie using a small sharp knife.
5) Make a hole in the top of each cookie with a skewer.
6) Bake the cookies for 5 mins and take away from the oven. Lay a few pieces of hard candy in the center of each one and return to the oven for 3-5 mins more.
7) Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for sometime.
8) Adorn half the cookies with silver balls fixed with icing sugar.