1) Oil - 2 tbsp.
2) Red bell pepper - 1/2, seeded and finely chopped.
3) Leek - 1, trimmed and thinly sliced.
4) Peas - 175 g(6 oz.), cooked and mashed.
5) Fresh lemon juice - 1 tsp.
6) Salmon - 4 lb (1.8 kg), filleted(giving two long fillets) and skinned.
7) Puff pastry (bought from store) - 1 1/4 lb (550 g).
8) Egg - 1, lightly beaten to glaze.
9) Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp.
A skillet, baking sheet and an oven.
1) Pour oil in the skillet and heat. Add in the pepper and leek and saute until soft.
2) Pour in the mashed peas and lemon jouice. Stir. Take away from heat and keep aside to cool.
3) Add salt and pepper to the salmon to season.
4) Place one fillet on a board with its skinned side down. Spread with the mashed pea mixture. Top with the second fillet with its skinned side up.
5) Spread out 1/3rd of the pastry to a 3/4" rectangular shape larger all around than the salmon.
6) Gently transfer the pastry to a nonstick/greased baking sheet. Lay the salmon in the center.
7) Roll out any pastry trimmings with the remaining pastry to a rectangle large enough to cover the salmon.
8) Use the egg mixture to moisten the pastry edges. Seal these together with a press. Make a hole on top to let out steam. Decorate with pastry leaves cut from the trimmings. Keep in the refrigerator for half an hour.
9) Turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degree Fahrenheits.
10) Dampen the pastry with beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 375 degree Fahrenheits and bake for another 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.