One of the most important events in China,
the Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated annually with much fanfare and
splendor. The occasion is now observed in many places with Dragon boat
racing, one of the major customs of the festival, practiced in over 50
countries and territories around the world. To add to your Dragon Boat
festival celebrations, here we bring you some wonderful craft-making ideas
that are well-suited to the mood of the occasion. Go through these stepwise
directions and construct fabulous crafts to gift to your loved ones. If you
like these Dragon Boat Festival Craft Ideas and want to have your friends
have a peek at this page, just click here
to refer this article to them. Happy "Duan Wu Jie"!
1) Using crayons, draw the outline of a large dragon boat on card
stock. Draw a pointy tail, bulging eyeballs, wide toothy mouth, and
fiery nostrils on the dragon head of the boat.
2) Cut the shape out with heavy scissors. This will be your
template. Using this, you can cut similar boat shapes or make boats
with different designs.
3) Colour each dragon boat cutout as you like. Fix a curled ribbon
to the dragon’s nostrils with glue (to indicate the coming out of
smoke from the dragon and thus giving it a fierce look). Crease foil
and attach craft feathers to make exciting adornments. Add shiny
highlights with glue. Keep aside for sometime to let dry the glue.
4) Decorate a craft stick for each boat puppet. Glue sticks to the
backs of your boat. Air-dry the glue. Dragon Boat Craft
2) Draw 2 pairs of dragon heads and tails on the paper. Decorate
these with markers.
3. Cut the paper dragon heads and tails. Glue these onto the origami
4. Draw some scale patterns on the body of the dragon boat. Decorate
these with markers.
5) Decorate your dragon boat with decorative items such as glitters,
stickers and the like. Make sure that you do not make it too heavy
6) Set your Dragon Boat on sail and have fun! Fire Cracker Craft
1) Toilet Paper Roll - 1.
2) Rubber Bands - 2 -3.
5) Paint (preferably red)
1) Paint the toilet paper in red color (or any colour you like).
Keep aside to dry.
2) Cut 2 circles (about 3 - 4 inches crosswise) out of the paper.
You can paint or color them to match your toilet paper roll. Let
3) Make a small hole in the center of one of your paper circles and
pass a piece of yarn, about 6 inch long, through it. See that the
long end of the yarn hangs on the decorated side of the paper. Leave
about 1 inch of yarn on the side of the circle that is not
decorated. Tape down the yarn piece to hold it in place.
4) Using rubber bands, attach the circles to the toilet paper roll.
See that the decorated side remains upwards. Line up each circle on
each side of the toilet paper roll. Wrap the rubber band around a
few times. This will hold the circles in place.