Silk Table Runner
A tube of relief paint, little freehand drawing and minimal stitching would help you to make a stunning table runner by which you can surprise your guests. The New Year table would look marvelous with the table runner which has your own artistic touch.
You will need:
- 1.5 meters of pale gold dupioni silk- 44 inches (112 centimeters) wide.
- Green relied paint
- Pale gold stitching thread
- Assortment of beads and sequins in red, green and gold along with star-shaped sequins.
How to do:
- Make a 60 inches * 19 inches (150 centimeters * 48 centimeters) rectangle by cutting it in the required shape from the pale gold dupioni silk. Use a soft pencil to draw a 2 inches border above each of the short edges.
- Take the template as a guide to draw simple Christmas trees using curly lines. You have to make a centre mark of the silk table runner, 1 ¼ inches above each of the curly lines using a soft pencil. Mark another point 4 inches (10 centimeters) above the previous center mark. You now have to make a 4 inches tall tree right in the middle of the two points. Another two 3 inches (7.5 centimeters) tall trees are to be drawn at both the sides of the previously drawn tree.
- Use green relief paint and mark the trees and the curly border lines. Squeeze the tube gradually to give an even line. Keep it aside to dry.
- Fray the short rims as far as the curly border. Turn under a 5/8 inches (1.5 centimeters) double hem on all of the long edges and machine- or hand-stitch.
- To decorate it nicely, you have to sew a red star-shaped sequin above one tree. Then stitch beads and sequins to the tree at random. Repeat the same procedure for other trees as well. The table runner should shine. To do that you have to stitch sequins randomly in a suitable pattern to the rest of the runner.