New Year Recipes
Honey Hearts - Honigherzen
Margarine or butter- 25 grams.
Castor sugar- 100 grams.
Cinnamon- 1 pinch.
Cooking chocolate- 60 grams.
Icing sugar- 60 grams.
Nutmeg- 1 pinch.
Honey- 90 grams, warmed.
Flour- 200 grams.
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp.
Almonds- 40 grams ground.
Icing sugar- 50 grams.
Egg white- 1 tsp well beaten.
Grated rind of 1 lemon.
Chocolate glaze and icing.
. Soften the margarine or butter. Mix it with sugar, beaten egg,
spices, lemon rind, honey, flour, baking powder and ground almonds to
make a uniform mixture. Leave for
. Spread out on a lightly floured board. Cut out heart shaped
. Bake in a moderate oven till light brown.
. Prepare the chocolate glaze by melting the chocolate with 2
tsp of hot water over a low heat or in a double saucepan. Add the icing
sugar and mix well.
. Duck one side of each biscuit into the warm chocolate to cover
the top uniformly.
. Blend together icing sugar and beaten egg white. Use a
matchstick to draw designs over the chocolate.
Oil- 1 cup.
Coffee- 2 tsp, dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water.
Brown sugar- 1 ¼ cups.
Flour- 4 cups, self raising.
Cinnamon- 1 ½ tsps.
Spice- 1 ½ tsp, mixed
Ginger- 1 tsp.
Bicarbonate of soda- 1 tsp.
1. Mix together the honey, oil, coffee and sugar.
2. Beat in the eggs.
3. Sieve the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda together. Stir in the
mixture made before.
4. Pour into a greased tray.
5. Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
Margarine/butter- 150 grams.
Icing sugar- 100 grams.
Flour- 225 grams.
Cocoa- 25 grams.
Cooking chocolate- 100 grams.
1. Soften the butter or margarine in a bowl. Mix in the icing sugar,
lightly beaten egg and salt.
2. Sieve the flour and cocoa and mix together to make a stiff dough.
Leave for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out pieces of dough to the shape of pretzels.
4. Place on a lightly greased tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes in a moderate
5. Over a low heat melt cooking chocolate with water.
6. Drop each pretzel into the hot chocolate and remove quickly. Dry out
each pretzel on greaseproof paper.
Cinnamon Stars - Zimtsterne
Hazelnuts- 125 grams, ground.
Almonds- 125 grams, ground.
Grated rind of a lemon- 50 grams.
Castor sugar- 250 grams.
Egg whites- 2 to 3.
Cinnamon- 1 tsp.
Also make a glaze by mixing together 1 beaten egg white and 150 grams icing
Also make a glaze by mixing together 150 grams icing sugar and 1 beaten egg white.
1. Combine all ingredients and mix to a stiff dough. Cover and leave for
an hour in a cool place.
2. Spread out the dough, cut out star-shaped pieces and paint with the
3. Place on a tray that is lightly greased. Bake in a moderate oven for
Previous Recipes | Recipes Main | More Recipes
Back to Party