HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FAIR
- Skilful craft persons from different Indian states and adjoining countries assemble in Surajkund with their handicraft items to showcase their Indian flair and traditional style.
- The theme of the fair of 2011 was “Andhra Pradesh” which is known as rice granary of India.
- A number of neighboring countries partake in this fair every year.
- Cultural and musical ceremonies are organized jointly by ministry of culture, ICCR New Delhi, Cultural Affairs Department Haryana and Haryana Kala Parishad.
- Various Indian dishes and delicious delicacies of the neighboring nations are there for the visitors.
- Rides and swings are also there on the premise of amusement zone.
- Folk dance performed by school and college students is the forte of the fair.
Videos on Surajkund Crafts Mela's Folk Dancing