Toasts, blended with Cinnamon | Egg heart on toast | Oatmeal Pancakes | Valentine's Day Spreads | Valentines Day Breakfast Dish | Stuffed French Toast | Blueberry Muffins | Breakfast Casserole | Belgian Waffles with Cherry Sauce
Toasts, blended with Cinnamon
Add that special twist to mundane every day bread toast that you make. You are going to take your family for a special surprise, for sure.
Ingredients for 1 toast, adjust for multiple:
* 2 slices bread of your choice
* 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
* 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon grounded cinnamon (use freshly grounded ones)
1. Toast the bread to the hardness you desire.
2. Spread butter or margarine onto one side of each slice.
3. Mix the cinnamon and sugar thoroughly, and then sprinkle over the buttered sides. You can sprinkle them separately too.
Make as many as you want!
Egg heart on toast
Pancakes are always a special treat! Use your personal touches to add coriander leaves, dry fruits, garnishing etc.
* 2 eggs
* 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
* 1 cup all purpose flour, or 1/2 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 3/4 cup orange juice (preferably fresh)
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts or fruit (optional)
* 2 tbsp. butter
1. Mix the eggs with the oil, thoroughly. You can also add 4 tablespoons of milk.
2. Combine the dry ingredients, in a separate bowl.
3. Mix the contents of two bowls together, then add enough orange juice to create a thick batter. Add chopped nuts or dried fruit, such as apricots, if desired, and as per taste.
4. Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
Pour batter into the pan by quarter cupfuls at a time and then cook until done, turning once. Repeat the process until the batter is exhausted and you should be able to make about 9 pancakes.
Get your family members, including young ones to do the stirrings so that they also can take a part. The more stirrings the better, so no tension!
Valentine's Day Spreads
Sweet toppings to adorn your baked foods with touches of love.
* QUICK STRAWBERRY JAM
* 1 16-oz. pkg. frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
* 1 3-oz. pkg. strawberry Jell-O
* FRUIT BUTTER
* Butter, softened
* Cream Cheese(Flavored)
* 1 4-oz. pkg. cream cheese
* 1 tbsp. yogurt (optional)
* Strawberries or raspberries
1. QUICK STRAWBERRY JAM: put the unsweetened frozen strawberries into a glass bowl. Microwave on medium until the berries are hot and soft (about 12 minutes). Stir in a 3-ounce package of strawberry Jell-O.
2. FRUIT BUTTER: Blend 2 parts softened butter and 1 part strawberry, raspberry, or apricot jam.
3. FLAVORED CREAM CHEESE: Smooth 4 ounces of cream cheese with a wooden spoon. (Add a tablespoon of yogurt for a creamier consistency.) Fold in a few fresh or defrosted strawberries or raspberries.
Valentines Day Breakfast Dish
1 1/2 c Finely chopped mushrooms
1/4 c Sliced green onion
1 tb Margarine or butter
1 tb All-purpose flour
1/4 c Milk
1/2 c All-purpose flour
2 c Milk
2 tb Margarine or butter
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
1/8 ts Ground nutmeg
4 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 c Shredded cheddar cheese
Cook mushrooms and onion in margarine or butter till tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour and pepper. Stir in milk all at once. Cook, stirring over low heat until thickened and bubbly; set aside. Egg Mixture: Combine flour and milk in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Stir in the margarine or butter till melted. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add eggs, and stir until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Pour half of the egg mixture into a lightly greased 12x7-1/2x2-inch baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture over egg mixture. Top with the remaining egg mixture. Bake in 400-degree oven 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with finely chopped red pepper. Makes 6 servings
Valentine's Day Stuffed French Toast
Breads, French, Breakfast
1 Loaf large diameter french bread
1/2 lb Breakfast sausage
1/2 Package bacon
1/2 c Milk
4 lg Eggs
1/4 c Sugar
1 ts Cinnamon
1 1/2 ts Vanilla
1/2 lb Boiled ham (thinly sliced)
1 Package American Cheese
In a large skillet fry the bacon and breakfast sausage, together but separately, until done. While the meat is cooking, slice the french bread into eight slices approximately 1 1/2" to 2" thick; then slice each slice 3/4 of the way through again. Mix the milk, eggs, sugar cinnamon and vanilla togeather into a batter in a deep bowl; set aside. Take up the bacon, sausage and ham and divide each into eight equal parts Dip each piece of bread into the batter and submerge it so that both sides and edges are coated. Open each piece and put in one portion of the meat, bacon, and ham along with one slice of cheese and close the bread again. Fry the stuffed batter-coated bread slices in a lightly oiled skillet until golden brown on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside. Serve two slices to a plate with your favorite garnishes and condiments. (ie. home fries, maple syrup, confectioner's sugar etc...)
Valentine's Day Blueberry Muffins
Breads, Fruits, Breakfast
1/2 c Butter
1 c Sugar
2 c Flour
2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
2 c Blueberries
1/2 c Milk
1 ts Vanilla
Sugar, for topping
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix until blended. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Mash 1/2 cup blueberries; stir into batter. Add remaining whole berries (coating the blueberries with some flour will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the bowl). Grease muffin tins; pile batter high and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Breakfast, Casseroles, Beef, Eggs
6 Large Eggs
2 c Milk
1 ts Salt
1 ts Dry Mustard
2 Slices White Bread, Cubed
1 lb Sausage Browned
1 c Sharp/mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
* Use either sharp or mild Shredded Chedder Cheese. Beat eggs, add milk, salt and mustard, mixing well. Grease bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Place in layers, first the bread cubes, then the sausage, then the cheese; pour egg mixture over the top. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting. Note: for 8 people use 3 slices of bread and 8 eggs.
Belgian Waffles with Cherry Sauce
1/4 c Sugar
2 ts Cornstarch
1/8 ts Cinnamon
1/2 c Orange juice
2 c Sweet cherries, pitted and halved
1 ts Grated orange peel
Sweetened whipped cream
2 c Flour
2 tb Sugar
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
2 c Milk
1/2 c Melted butter/margarine
4 Egg separated
For Cherry Sauce: Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; add orange juice, cherries and orange peel. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; boil until thickened. Serve warm cherry sauce over waffles; top with sweetened whipped cream. For Waffles: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, melted butter and egg yolks. Add to dry ingredients; stir just to moisten. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. TIP: Belgian waffles can be made ahead and frozen in freezer proof plastic bags or aluminum foil. Toast frozen waffles in toaster oven or bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Disclaimer: Most of these recipes were submitted by users and surfers to TheHolidaySpot, and we do not claim any ownership or responsibility to these. If you think you have any issues with these, then please contact us and we will do the needful.