Star Gift Tags
Stars are forever, right from the time of Magi. Get some ideas and make star shaped gift tags for your christmas gifts this season. Enjoy a bright Christmas time with your family.
Making of Star Gift Tags
- Craft Knife.
- A 12" strip of medium gauge.
- A pair of scissors.
- Wire cutters.
- A 20" piece of fine-gauge silver wire.
- Small silver star.
- A strip of red ribbon (7" X ¼ mm).
- Double-sided tape.
How to make
- Lay the star template on the green cardstock and trace its design.
- Using craft knife, cut the shape out.
- Using the template as a reference, bend the medium-gauge wire strip into a star shape. While the two ends should overlap a little, any excess wire is to be cut off.
- Uniformly wrap the fine-gauge wire around the star shape. Ascertain that the two ends are fitted well inside the binding. Trim any extra wire off.
- Twine a short length of fine-gauge wire around one of the pointed edges of the star, leaving two short wire pieces at the back.
- Poke a small hole in the green star.
- Pass the ends of the wire through the hole. Bend them over to hold in place. Cut off any extra wire. Do the same at the base of the star.
- Using glue, stick the small silver star in the middle of the tag.
- Fold the red ribbon. Tape it in position on the back of the tag.