1) Butter - 110 g (4 oz.).
2) Superfine sugar - 50 g (2 oz.).
3) Grated rind of 1 lemon.
4) Plain flour - 150 g (5 oz.).
5) Rolling pin.
6) Various biscuit cutters.
7) Wax Paper.
8) Edible silver balls.
9) Silver string.
A baking tray and a bradawl.
1) Mix butter, superfine sugar, lemon, plain flour together in a mixer.
2) Preheat the oven to 240 degree Fahrenheit (Gas Mark 4).
3) Spread out the mixture on a floured surface.
4) Cut out as many geometric shapes of various kind from the rolled out dough using the biscuit cutters.
5) Place the biscuits on a waxproof paper sheet on a baking tray.
6) Decorate the biscuits with the edible silver balls.
7) Make a hole in the top of each biscuit shape with the bradawl.
8) Place the tray on the oven and bake for 10 mins or until the biscuits are pale brown.
9) When browned, transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and allow some time to cool.
10) Thread silver string through the holes and hang the shapes.