Every Muslim tries to perform Hajj at least once in his lifetime. It's a foremost occasion in Islam and is very important to know about Hajj.
Get to know about the pilgrimage (Hajj)-
1. One of the strong base or pillar of Islam
2. A journey to come closer to Allah
3. A journey through the thorny way of worship
4. The pilgrim who successfully performs the Hajj, goes to heaven
The prime objective of human life is to recognize and understand the essence of the Almighty. The pilgrims perform Hajj to purify the inner soles. A pure sole can love Allah from the core of his/her heart.
The most important aspect of life is to be able to free the mind from the worldly concerns and worries. Practice painstaking and thorough activities throughout the life to refrain from pleasure and distractions to come to the close proximity of Allah. Remember the Almighty always and it is very important and essential for the betterment human life. Allah has passed and ordained certain forms of devotions (Ibadat) due to this.
Hajj is related to the following
1. Departure from the hometown.
2. Physical efforts.
3. Disbursement of funds.
4. Renewal of the agreement with Allah.
5. Take Tawaaf or Circumambulate.
6. Entreaty (Dua)
7. Reverence and Prayers (Salat/Namaaz)
9. Sayee or run between Safaa and Marwah etc.
It's quite evident that most of us are not aware of the consequences of these acts of Hajj and we don't even realize the reasons of certain commands but the matter of the fact is if someone obeys the God and involves himself/herself in these activities blindly then it shows the dedication and his/her absolute submission to the Allah. Carrying out the orders of the Almighty is the only motive and objective. The holy prophet (S.A.W) had stated wisely that "O Almighty, I have responded to your call for Hajj with complete submission and humility."
The Hajj provides one point congregation ground for all the Muslim pilgrims. The meeting ground is a place where Khaleel, the beloved of the God, resided and is a spot which is an abode of the majority of the Prophets as well. This is a sacred pilgrimage destination where the disclosures were repetitively sent down to the pious Prophet (S.A.W).
The leader of the hallowed Prophet (S.A.W) was born and had spent his life on the land of spirituality. He is responsible for making the surrounding places sacred and had placed Arafah at the beginning of the virtuous land. It is due to his kind and tender heart that killing of animals and uprooting plants are forbidden austerely on the land of Allah. The Prophet had deliberately designed it like a throne of the Kings to help pilgrims realize the fact that the Allah is the only truth and resides above all the human needs and wants. The pilgrims who come untidy and dusty, stays at the holiest place in the humility for sometime. One can attain the much needed purity when all the pilgrims from different parts of the world congregate and the response of supplications (dua) become much faster.
The intention behind Hajj
1) The intention and motive behind the visit should be clear. Pilgrims should sincerely think that the trip to Mecca is dedicated to the God only. No worldly concerns and desires should come into the mind, such as-
a) Showing off (Riyaa)
b) Refraining from the reprimand for not performing Hajj.
c) Free from the worries of poverty.
d) Business prospects.
All these motives should be removed from the minds of the pilgrims because these intentions destroy the sincerity (Ikhlass). It would be of no use if someone visits hajj with worldly desires and it becomes even worse if he ends up in damnation after his efforts and expenses.
2) The particular pilgrim should feel bad for his past sins and clear his mind to devote himself to the Allah. One should not think twice before he starts his journey leaving his friends, family and relatives.
3) The mind of the pilgrim should be fresh enough to realize the magnificence of the house and the absolute proprietor. The pilgrim should keep in mind that he has left his family and friends for a noble cause. This journey is different as compared to any other journey because the pilgrims have willingly decided to visit the house of the Almighty and have responded to the message of the messenger of the God.
4) The attention and concentration of the pilgrim should be towards the God. To do that it is mandatory to free his mind from the worries and concerns.
5) Any physical problem or financial losses should be accepted blissfully thinking that these are the signs of the acceptance and recognition of the Allah.
6) Even though the pilgrims should not be extravagant (Israaf) but spending the money for the poor and needy people is not extravagance. The income of the pilgrims should come through lawful means.
7) It is true that the pilgrims should not hurt others and taking care of someone who is hurt is also necessary. Good behaviors, a nice smile, avoidance of harsh words are important. Humbleness is essential as well.
8) Avoid cosmetics or anything related to the arrogance and attractiveness. Travel on foot, especially from Mecca (Makkah) to Mina. Avoid anything which affects the worship (Ibadaat) and supplicants (Dua) of the other piulgrims.