Tips For Skin Care at 20s To 50s | The Secret of Youthful and Radiant Skin
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on skincare tips for individuals in their 20s to 50s, where we unveil the secrets to staying young and maintaining vibrant, radiant skin. As we age, our skin requires special attention and care to combat the effects of time, environmental factors, and lifestyle choices. Whether you're just starting your skincare journey in your 20s or looking to enhance your routine in your 50s, we've got you covered. Our experts have curated a wealth of knowledge, offering valuable insights into effective skincare routines, essential ingredients, and lifestyle practices that can help you achieve and maintain youthful-looking skin throughout the years. Get ready to embark on a journey of self-care, rejuvenation, and unlocking the secrets to everlasting youth.
YOUR SKIN IS DELICATE
There are quite a few factors that may indicate the pace at which the skin decays. There are factors like exposure to direct sun rays and pollution. It could also be your smoking habits or your daily food habits ! The most dominant of these are the genetic or hereditary factors like your skin texture and type.
Usually, fair skin turns crinkly more rapidly than wheatish or dark skin as they are shielded by high amounts of lipids and pigments.
Know your skin first!
There are three strata of the skin :
- The outermost stratum is the EPIDERMIS which chiefly consists of pigment cells.
- The central stratum is the DERMIS that remains sandwiched between the exterior and interior layers of the skin.
- The innermost tissue ,otherwise known as the SUBCUTANEOUS stratum.
Time is a very dominant factor! Your skin reacts differently to different age groups. Hence we have put forth an age wise distribution of your daily skin care routine below:
Skin care regime in your 20s
This is a brilliant time for your skin. Although there are some spots of pubescence, the skin reflects a natural radiance and the epidermis appears pretty healthy and lustrous.
Cell renewal rises steadily up to 28 to 30 percent. Dead skin cells are barely shed which is why ones skin appear a tad bit dull.
What to do?
- Please drink at least 8-10 liters of water everyday to keep your beautiful skin naturally hydrated. A lot of factors can lead to the loss of your skin's natural moisture. Hence plenty of water intake is mandatory to heal your thirsty skin!
- Be careful about your food habits. An inappropriate diet may lead to premature skin aging. Your diet must include a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables, yoghurt and other natural supplements that are rich in nutritional value!
- Quit smoking. It affects oxygen flow within your skin cells making them appear lifeless. This might lead to the appearance of crinkly skin around the mouth and also cause darkening of the lips. Remember the texture of your lips are three times more delicate than rest of the portion of your face! The pretty pinkish hue of the lips turn brownish!
- Work out or practice yoga! It adds a natural glow to your youthful skin.
- Practice using a safe cleanser and toner to wipe off that extra bit of make up, dust, harmful chemicals, dirty sweat or any kind of unwanted filth from that baby face of yours! For very oily skin,a mild face wash is advisable.
- Please use a moisturizer with an SPF (around 15) daily. Dermatologists are of the opinion that a huge percentage of all skin problems occur due to exposure to sunlight.
Skin care regime in your 30s
Skin cell renewal occurs a bit sluggishly during this phase. The damage from pollution and sunlight begins to affect the dermis severely. The collagen fibers loosen and the skin turns saggy.
When you smile,the curve that is formed refuses to bounce back as readily as before because the subcutaneous fat forms ridges on the skin. Your skin might reflect initial signs of wrinkles.
What to do?
- Make it a point to eat a balanced diet rich in antioxidants such as vitamins A, B, C and E that battles against free radicals in the environment .These vitamins help the skin repair and rejuvenate itself, stay dewy and generate the enzymes that stabilize collagen production.
- Try using a soothing face cream rich in vitamin E and aloe vera for nourishment.
- Say an emphatic NO heavy boozing! Drinking takes away the skin's vital nutrients and causes facial blood vessels to dilate. If you're not careful, these may be damaged permanently.
- Ensure a good nights' sleep. It is not only rejuvenating but it also brightens the complexion!
- Apply a vitamin-packed night cream. Researchers are of the opinion that the temperature of skin escalates at night, so nutrients are better absorbed.
Skin care regime in your 40s
Sebum secretion escalates in your 40s, which can be good only if one has too oily skin. On the contrary,it also indicates the necessity of a skin friendly moisturizer to replenish moisture loss. Herbal moisturizers that are mild,soothing and safe are advisable.
Loss of fat in the subcutaneous stratum makes the skin feeble it continues to lose its elasticity.
What to do?
- Practice exfoliating on a regular basis with a scrub. Not too much though! Twice a week should be enough. It must be a mild scrub. Sugar scrub is a fantastic option!
- Continue using a soothing face cream rich in vitamin E and aloe vera for that extra bit of nourishment. This will leave your face looking fresher.
- The diet must remain the same. Water and healthy food intake is necessary,as always.
- The body needs more rest at this stage,which is why enough sleep is required.
Skin care regime in your 50s and above
This is the time when one notices the appearance of brownish age spots!
After the menopause the oestrogen level comes down steadily which is why the skin loses its previous radiance and glow. It makes the skin very flaky,dry,itchy and more sensitive.
Mature skin is very fragile. Once damaged,it takes a lot of time to heal.
What to do?
- Use a safe and mild cleanser/toner at this stage
- Use a good moisturizer with SPF and try to avoid direct sun contact
- Wrinkles are normal at this stage. A good night cream with anti wrinkle properties should be enough.
- Plus a good diet comprising of fresh fruits,vegetables and lots of water intake is always advisable,no matter what you age is!