Recipes for Graduation Day
Make splendid dishes using these assistive cooking directions and celebrate Graduation Day.
1) A pack of cake mix.
2) Frosting - 1 can.
3) Graham crackers.
4) Licorice strings.
5) Food coloring.
6) A cookie sheet lined with foil.
1) Prepare the cupcakes as per directions given in the package.
2) Grease and flour the muffin tins. No cupcake wrappers are required.
3) Take the cupcakes away from oven and let them cool completely.
4) Remove the cupcakes from the tins.
5) Invert each cake over the cookie sheet.
6) Color frosting with food coloring.
7) Spread frosting on the sides and a little on the top of the cupcakes. Take care that you do not pour much frosting or it may get spoiled. Soften frosting in microwave if needed.
8) Decorate the graham cracker with frosting and stick on top of the cupcake.
9) Frost the whole structure, graham cracker with cupcake.
10) Tie licorice strings into tassels and use frosting to attach to the caps.
11) Refrigerate and serve.
Creamy Spinach Dip
1) Dairy sour cream - 8 oz.
2) Mayonnaise - 1 c.
3) Celery salt - 1/2 tsp.
4) Dill weed - 1/2 tsp.
5) Salted onion - 1/4 tsp.
6) Green onions - 1/4 c., chopped.
7) Frozen cut leaf spinach - 3 c., thawed and well drained.
8) Water chestnuts - 8 oz. can, drained and finely chopped.
9) Red bell pepper - 3 tbsp., chopped (optional).
A medium sized bowl and a big spoon (to mix things).
1) Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings in the medium bowl.
2) Add onions, spinach, water chestnuts and the red peppers into the bowl. Stir to combine the items well.
3) Place the bowl in the reprigerator and chill under cover to blend flavors.
4) Take out when needed and serve, preferably with raw vegetables, crackers, or bread.
1) An oval loaf of French or sourdough bread.
2) A knife.
3) An oven.
1) Using the knife, make a hollow in the middle of the upper surface of the French/sourdough bread so that you have a "lid.
2) Fill the hole with creamy spinach dip and put the lid back on.
3) Bake the bread at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
4) Serve with small chunks of bread, or crackers. This is going to give your new graduate some popeye-like strength to tackle newer challenges.
1) 1 small chicken, cut into pieces.
2) Lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
3) Sour cream - 1/2 cup.
4) Onion soup mix - 1 pkg.
5) Dry dill - 2 tsp.
6) Mushroom soup - 1 can.
7) Salt (to taste).
8) Pepper (to taste).
A casserole or roasting dish, oiled lightly.
1) Put chicken pieces in lightly oiled casserole/roasting dish.
2) Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and paprika.
3) Mix the other ingredients and pour over meat.
4) Cover the meat and bake at 350º F. for about 90 minutes.
5) Serve hot.