1) Potato - 1, boiled, peeled and mashed.
2) Green Chillies - 8-10 (crushed).
3) Sago - 1 Cup.
4) Peanuts - 1/2 cup, roasted and crushed crudely.
5) Rock salt (for taste)
6) Oil (to deep fry)
1) Wash Sago properly and drain the surplus water. Soak it for about 3 hours.
2) Next, add all the ingredients to Sago except oil. Blend it all into a paste.
3) In the deep frying pan, heat the oil.
4) Moist your hands and make small ball shaped moulds out of the paste you have made. Slip these into the heated oil on medium flame.
5) Keep frying the balls till they turn crisp and light brown. Drain them well using a sieve ladle. Serve with badaam chutney (pungent relish of peanut).
1) Rice Flakes (poha) - 1/2 cup.
2) Sugar - 1/2 cup.
3) Ghee - 2 teaspoon.
4) Cashews - 5.
5) Cardomom - 1/4 teaspoon.
6) Safforn colour
1) Melt some ghee(clarified butter) in a kadai (conical metal cooking vessel).
2) Roast the cashews in the ghee and put aside.
3) In the remaining ghee, roast the rice flakes until golden brown.
4) Pour safforn into some water and bring to a boil. Add the flakes and allow them to get cooked for few minutes. Pour sugar and cardomom to it.
5) Keep stirring the mixture until it becomes non-sticky. If required, add some more ghee. Add the roasted cashwes to it. Serve hot.
1) Potato - 1, big sized (diced in small pieces).
2) Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon.
3) Samwat rice - 1 cup.
4) Ghee(clarified butter) - 2 tablespoon.
5) Cloves - 2.
6) Rock salt (kala namak) - 2 teaspoon.
7) Cardamom - 2, green.
8) Cinnamon - 1, small.
9) Green coriander (to garnish).
10) Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
11) Water - 3 cup.
1) Melt ghee in a pot. Add in cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Blend well.
2) When the blended ingredients start giving off fragrance, mix in potato and rice. Stir-fry to a light brown color.
4) Mix in rock salt, chilli powder and water. Bring them to a boil.
5) Cover the pot and let the mixed items boil slowly at low temperature for 10-15 minutes.
6) Decorate with green coriander. Serve hot.
1) Oil - 1½ tablespoon.
2) Butter - 1 tablespoon.
3) Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon.
4) Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon.
5) Green Chillies - 3, slit.
6) Tomatoes - 5, chopped.
7) Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon.
8) Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon.
9) Dry masala - 1 tablespoon.
10) Potatoes - 500 gms, cut into cubes.
11) Fenugreek leaves - 800 gms, chopped.
12) Salt (as per taste).
1) Heat oil in a frying pan and crackle cumin seeds.
2) Add green chillies and ginger paste into the pan. Cook over low heat.
3) Add dry masala and fry briefly over high heat.
4) Next add tomatoes and potatoes. Cook till the potatoes are half-done.
5) Then lend the fenugreek leaves. Season with salt. End it all up with butter.