Deep Fried Balls
2 cups of self raising flour
1 full cup of sultanas
1 cup of milk
1 egg lightly beaten with a fork
1 egg white
1 tablespoon of sugar
oil for deep frying
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the center.
2. Pour the beaten egg into the well, add a little milk and the sugar and gradually mix in all the flour adding milk to make a stiff dough.
3. Add the sultanas.
4. Drop a large teaspoonful of the mixture into hot oil and deep fry till golden brown.
5. Remove with a egg flip, drain on paper, roll in icing sugar and serve warm.
1 unbeaten egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup butter
1. Combine unbeaten egg white and sugar; mix well until sugar is dissolved. Stir in, one at a time, flour, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat until well-blended.
2. Melt butter. Beat the butter into the batter.
3. Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls well part on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Let stand one minute only.
5. While still warm, shape the fortune cookies into hollow tubes by wrapping baked cookies around the handle of a wooden spoon. Slip fortunes inside the cookies and press cookie ends closed.
6. If the cookies cool too quickly, place in a warm oven for a few seconds before shaping.
Salsa Rapida (dip)
2 tomatoes, peeled & chopped 1 onion, peeled & chopped 1 clove of garlic, crushed 1 small red hot pepper, chopped finely 3 sprigs of parsley, chopped coarsely 1/2 teaspoon of coriander, ground 1 teaspoon of salt Dash of marjoram Dash of ground cloves
Mix vegetables together & add seasonings.
250 grams oatmeal
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 teaspoon butter or margarine
some hot water
1. Mix oatmeal, salt and soda together in a bowl.
2. Make a well in the center and pour in melted butter.
3. Add a little hot water to the butter and gradually mix into a stiff paste adding water where necessary.
4. Cut into triangles and place on a floured baking tray.
5. Bake in a hot oven for 20-30 minutes until the ends curl and the cakes are crisp.
Cheese Puff Balls
500 grams grated cheese
500 grams butter
1 cup flour
dash Tabasco sauce
dash Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix flour, butter, cayenne and cheese with fingers & add Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco, until a dough forms.
2. Roll into balls and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
1 bottle white grape juice
2 liters of Lemonade, Sprite or 7up
1. Mix the juice and lemonade, Sprite or 7up in equal amounts.
2. Garnish with orange slices, cherries, or strawberries.