The Algonkian tribes at the time of pilgrims held six different harvest or thanksgiving festivals during the year which are as follows:
- Gave thanks to the creator for the maple tree and its syrup.
- Planting feast, where the seeds were blessed.
- Strawberry Festival, in which they were celebrating the first fruits of the season.
- The Green Corn Festival in summer, they gave thanks for the ripening corn.
- In late fall harvest festival, they gave thanks for the food they had grown.
- Midwinter was the last ceremony of the old year.