- Scoop out mini pumpkins and use as candle holders. They are inexpensive and look great. You can even carve faces in them! You can also use apples for taper candle holders. Choose shapely apples that will sit stable on a flat surface. Cut a small, round but deep hole on the top of each apple so that it can securely hold a taper candle.
here for details on how to carve a pumpkin for Halloween
- Arrange for a pumpkin carving contest for your kids and their friends.
- Use fog machines to add that eerie feeling to your party. They are indispensable
in creating the ambience for a perfect Halloween party.
- Hang glow-in-the-dark skeletons, bats and spiders from the ceilings and trees for an eerie effect.
- Make a scarecrow for your front porch or yard to greet your trick or
- Use mini pumpkins, mini ears of Indian corn, and gourds to decorate your Halloween party table.
- Create an eerie centerpiece for your table by using a plastic cauldron partially filled with hot water. Don't forget to add dry ice a glow stick to it.
- Use the Halloween fonts to dress up invitations and prepare banners for your party.
- Sit in a circle and start a scary ghost story! Each guest adds on to the story until it reaches a scary ending!
- This Halloween, arrange for a theme party. Every one must come dressed according to the theme. Witches, vampires and zombies are some of the viable options. A costume contest will also be great fun.
- You can make some beautiful Halloween photo frames to display your Halloween memories .
Great Party Ideas
Grabbing up the perfect mood is the trick
behind every successful party. And a theme driven party like that of the Halloween
is no exception to this as well. So plan beforehand. Is this is a simple fun party?
Or a fun party filled with scary ideas? Or to make them feel creepy and have fun
at the same time?
Here are some theme ideas you could suggest to your guests:
Simple fun party| Scary
Party | Creepy Party | Ghosts and Goblins
Start right from the stage of invitation. While
the theme is frightful, things should be made for sheer fun of your guests. The
atmosphere might have a spooky touch. Yet everything should be in a lighter vein.
While decking the whole of the house or only the party room with traditional Halloween
themes, like Jack-o-Lanterns, trick or treat candy boxes, paper skeletons, carved
pumpkins are usual, being innovative impresses the guests in a better way.
Unleash your imagination right from the sending of invitation card to seeing them
off. The invitation card may be shaped like a spread winged bat, a goblin, or
a phantom's mask or in the shape of a skull. It may feature any character from
any of the ghost movies.
You can also take help from our Halloween humor page
to prepare a fun open quiz for your guests, and read out the answers for pure
Simple Fun Party:
guests to come dressed in a costume that is in sync with the desired atmosphere.
If it is a historic theme party wrap yourself with some medieval period jackets
with golden buttons and wigs and foiled sticks as the swords. If that doesn't
fit with your persona dress in a lavish Victorian ball gown or as a can-can dancer
for a reception. Supply the partygoers with hats and other gears to wear at the
If it is a theme from the Western paste characters like Django,
or Dirty Harry or any of the favorite heroes on the invitation cover and feature
western decor and costumes. You could hand out tin foil sheriff's stars and tiny
Western hats. You could also ask your guests to dress as outlaws or cowpunchers,
native Indians or preachers or Sunday school teachers.
You can dress in a
legend's attire. Say, for instance, the likes of Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison,
or John Lennon. You could ask your guest to dress like those in the era of Rock
'n Roll. Think poodle skirts, cool cars, sock hops. Or early rock 'n roll stars
wearing suits and thin ties! Even wigs can be sported liberally.
guests to dress in colonial times complete with powdered wigs and rich embroidered
fabrics, tights and buckled shoes.
You could send
out a bat or coffin or vampire or Frankesteine (or his bride) shaped invitations.
Decor your house with cobwebs, coffins, bats, skeletons and bugs! And ask your
friends to come dressed as their favorite movie monster. Like a vampire looking
dastardly with the hidden fangs and tiny drops of blood at the corner of the mouth.
Use dark interior, like deep red flooring. Cover your walls with red, blue or
bottle green. Illuminate the hall or room with dark colored microwatts. Use plenty
of dry ice, cob webs, plastic bats stuck on the walls or hanging loose from the
For a dramatic effect keep the door of the party room shut until
all the guests arrive. Lead them to the door front and open the door of the pre-decked
room. You could also use timer lights and sound effects like screeching door,
blood curdling howls of werewolves, or the grinning of witches taped in your sound
system. Don't forget to keep the remote hidden in your palm so that guests cannot
guess what is going to happen.
You could paint
the face like the face of a famous celeb - dead, or use masks of a skull, a witch
or a fanged red eyed vampire. Or you could use an all white robe and white long
gloves. Ask your guests to come dressed in creepy characters according to their
Sling spooky masks from the walls. You could also fill your party
room with elegant china and silver, candle bras, trays filled with fake pearls
and jewels, drapes of fancy fabric from the fabric store. Use candles and soft
lights, or shaded lamps in a way that creates longer than usual shadows. The party
will indeed be creepy with the use of colored lightings, potted plants covered
with dark colored robes. You can also use candles for a creepier ambience. Ask
your guests to talk in a very soft or whispering voice for the first ten minutes
or so. You could also use a creepy music as a final touch.
Serve food in trays
and on tables that match with the party mood. And arrange for some competition
like story telling, the spooky ones of course, and award the scariest one. Or
a separate 'ghost-as-you-like' costume contest. Finally make sure that everyone
leaves the place content with a fun filled heart.
Ghosts and Goblins Party
Give your guests a chill thrill with a Ghosts and Goblins party! Improvise your
garage or your backyard into either a haunted house or a scary cemetery. Remember,
the party should not be anything less than frightening.
1. Make masks from stiff cardboard, cut to fit the faces. Decorate the masks
with puff paints, sequins, stickers and feathers to turn them into whatever you
like- Frankestein, Wolfman, Freddy, Jason, foe example. Write the party details
on the other side of the masks. Attach an elastic string through holes on either
side of each mask. Send the masks to guests for an inviting scare. Have the guests
wear wear their masks to the party.
2. For added fun, fill the invitation
envelopes with a few plastic bugs, ants, or gummy worms.
1. Bake a chocolate cake; cool.
2. Top with softened chocolate
wafer cookies to look like finely ground dirt and sprinkle over ice-cream.
3. Stick lolly snakes into the cake, half-in and half-out.
4. Stick oval cookies
into the cake to make gravestones. Write funny names on the "graves" with piping
5. Refreeze before serving so the ice cream doesn't melt.
1. Ask the invitees to come dressed as a favorite monster, creepy
creature or bad guy.
2. Award prizes for all kinds of costume categories,
such as Scariest, Funniest, Hardest to Make, Hardest to Wear, Most Creative, Most
Authentic, Most Disgusting and so on.
3. When the kids arrive, provide
them with sheets of colored crepe paper, tape, string and a stapler, and let them
design their own costumes.
1. Create a haunted
house in the garage or party room. Cover the windows with black paper and set
up scary stations. Have the guests weave through the haunted house one at a time.
2. Set up a Mad Scientist Laboratory. Have someone dress as a Frankenstein
monster and lie on a table among bubbling concoctions (use dry ice and colored
water in clear bowls). Add kitchen utensils, such as tongs, basters and a garlic
press, to serve as bizarre scientific instruments.
3. Make a Deadbody
Storehouse. Dress friends as accident victims, with torn clothes and fake blood
and scars. Have them lie on the floor and come to life from to time, by sitting
up, grabbing a passing foot or something.
4. Make a Witches Cauldron.
Dress the witches in long, grey wigs and black dresses, color their fingernails
black, black out a tooth or two and have them stir a cauldron with a broom. Inside
the cauldron place wet noodles or jelly.
Send a greeting cards | Jokes | Crafts | Wish at Facebook