How to make
For Fresh Herbal Oil
1. Pour the oregano, basil, bay leaves, sage and garlic into a cup and rub between your fingers to powder.
2. Divide the powdered content between sterilized bottles. Add in peppercorn.
3. Pour in the oil into the bottles, leaving just a little from their top, and fully covering the herbs and garlic.
4. Seal the bottles tightly with corks/screw caps. Shake well to mix the contents.
5. Keep in a cool cupboard for about 2 weeks before using. This would provide time for the flavors to develop.
For Fragrant Lemon Oil
1.Peel the zest from 1 lemon. Cut into thick pieces, place over a warm oven and dry for a little more than an hour.
2. Put the lemon zest strips into sterilized glass bottles along with the sprigs of fresh thyme. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil. Preserve for 1-2 weeks before putting to use.
For Fiery Chilli Pepper Oil
1.Pour the light olive oil/corn oil into a medium-sized saucepan. Add in the cayenne pepper. Chop the red chillies and add them too.
2. Simmer the ingredients for 8-10 minutes.
3. Let cool for half a day. Strain into sterilized bottles. The oil is ready.
You may add an extra chilli if you wish.