Mixed Vegetable Recipes for Christmas
Christmas Morning Pie
- Bulk pork sausage with sage, cooked and crushed- 1 pound.
- Shredded Swiss cheese-1 cup
- Shredded Cheddar cheese- 1 cup
- Unbaked pastry shells-2 (9 inches)
- Lightly crushed eggs-6
- Milk- 1 cup
- sliced onion- ½ cup
- Sliced sweet red pepper- 1/3 cup
- Chopped green pepper-1/3 cup
- Take a bowl to combine sausage and cheese.
- Half of the mixture should be poured in one shell whereas the other half should be placed in another pastry shell.
- Then blend eggs, milk, onion and peppers properly.
- This mixture should be poured equally in both the shell.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 55-60 minutes.
- After baking make sure that the knife can be inserted and it should come out clean as well.
- Wait for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Peeled and halved potatoes- 1.5 kg
- Garlic- ½ bulb
- A small bunch of fresh rosemary, it should be separated into twigs
- Grounded black pepper
- Olive oil- 6 tablespoons
- Butter- 50 gm
- Peeled parsnips- 2kg
- Runny honey- 2 tablespoons
- Fresh thyme- small bunch (leaves picked)
- Chantenay carrots- 1 kg (in case you don’t find Chentenay carrots then use normal carrots, cut at an angel into 2 inch pieces)
- Zest of orange- 1
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F or 220 degree C.
- Separate the garlic into cloves and crush it with the back end of a knife.
- Boil potatoes approximately for 10 minutes.
- Use a colander to drain it.
- Toss around to scruff up the outside of the spuds.
- Then toss with garlic cloves, half of the rosemary, salt and pepper according to taste. Also add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 30 gm of the butter in a large bowl.
- Use a roasting tin and lay the parsnips flat in it.
- Roast it for 45 minutes until golden.
- Cut the parsnips in half lengthways.
- Parboil it for 10 minutes.
- Drain it.
- Use honey, thyme, salt and pepper. Put in 10 gm of butter and 2 tablespoon of oil in a large bowl.
- Take the toasting tin and arrange the parsnip flat in it in one layer.
- Roast it for approximately 40 minutes.
- Use a pan and place carrots in. Cover them with cold water and add a bit of salt.
- Boil it for 15 minutes.
- Finely chopped rosemary and the orange zest should be mixed together.
- Drain the cooked carrots and toss it with the remaining butter.
- Sprinkle the orange zest and rosemary on the item before serving.
- Sebago potatoes- 1 kg
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degree C. Before cutting the potatoes into 5 cm pieces, peel off the potatoes.
- Place the pieces of the potatoes in a large bowl and cover them with cold water.
- Boil the potatoes over medium high temperature. Then reduce the temperature to medium. Cook it partially approximately for 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes appropriately. Keep it on saucepan over low temperature to evaporate the remaining water.
- To make the roasted potatoes crispy shake the saucepan vigorously. It will rough up the potato surface as well.
- Take oil in a large roasting pan and place the pan on an oven for 5 minutes. The oil should be hot enough to put the potatoes in.
- Roast potatoes until golden and crunchy.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Serve the item immediately.
- Firm tofu- 16 ounces
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Oriental flavored ramen noodles- 3 ounces
- Frozen stir fry vegetables- 16 ounces
- Water- 1 ½ cups
- Soy sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Remove some of the water by pressing tofu between paper towels.
- Cut bite size cubes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high temperature in a skillet.
- Add tofu.
- Fry for 15 minutes until brown.
- Stir occasionally.
- In the meantime take water in a saucepan and boil.
- Add noodles from ramen package with the boiled water reserving the seasoning envelopes.
- Boil for approximately 2 minutes (Noodles should break apart).
- Stir fry vegetables should be added with tofu in a pan.
- Season with the ramen noodle seasoning packet.
- Cook for some time.
- Stir it until vegetables are tender.
- Stir it properly after adding noodles.
- Season with soy sauce.