1) White wine vinegar - 1 tbsp.
2) Sea salt - A pinch.
3) Eggs - 2, large.
4) Ham - 2 slices.
5) English muffin - 1
For the Hollandaise
1) Vinegar - 1 tbsp.
2) Black peppercorns - 6, crushed.
3) Bay leaves - 2.
4) Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
5) Yolks of 2 egg.
6) Cold butter - 1 3/4 sticks (7 oz./200 g), cut into small strips.
A small pan, a large bowl and a shallow pan.
1) Toss in the peppercorns and bay leaves into the small pan. Add in the lemon juice and vinegar.
2) Boil the ingredients until reduced to just one-third of the original quantity.
3) Add the egg yolks and 1 tbsp. of cold water.
4) Whisk the contents until fluffy.
5) Remove the contents of the pan to a bowl placed over a pan of hot water. Use a tablespoon to whip the ingredients until the yolks thicken to the uniformity of unwhipped heavy (double) cream.
6) Take the bowl away from heat. Add in the butter and whisk slowly. Season, strain and keep warm. Your sauce is ready.
7) Pour water into the shallow pan and bring to a boil.
8) Add in the vinegar and salt. 9) Turn the heat off. 10) Crack the eggs and add in. Cover and let stand for about 3-4 mins or until the whites are opaque. 11) Grill the ham. Divide the muffin and toast. 12) Use the ham and eggs to top the muffin halves. Pour some sauce for taste.