1) Olive oil - A little less than 3 cups (175 ml).
2) Fresh rosemary - 3 sprigs.
3) Whole garlic cloves - 4-5, unpeeled.
4) Raw beets - 1 lb (450 g).
5) Yukon Gold potatoes - 1 lb (450 g).
6) Parsnips - 1 lb (450 g).
7) Carrots - 1 lb (450 g).
8) Celeriac - 1 lb (450 g).
9) Kitchen knife.
10) Two large roasting pans.
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit (220 degree Centigrade).
2) Pour the oil into a pan and heat. Toss in the rosemary sprigs and unpeeled garlic cloves.
3) Remove the pan from the oven as soon as the oil is hot. Keep it aside to let the flavours infuse.
4) Remove the skins of all the vegetables. Slice them into thin wedges, so that they are easier to cook.
5) Lay out the diced vegetables in a single layer in the two large pans.
6) Pour the infused oil over the vegetable slices. Turn the slices over and over again to coat them well with the oil.
7) Place the pans on the oven to roast the vegetables for an hour. Turn the oiled vegetables over now and again to make sure they are cooked well.
8) When the slices are tender, transfer them into a large bowl. Season and serve warm with a variety of dips.