Top Ten Parenting Tips
Following are the top ten tips for parenting:
- Attention to your child: Children always want a good amount of attention from their parents. If the child is seeking your attention, even in the middle of an important work, still it is wise to listen to your child. The importance of enjoying things with your children is one of the most important parts of parenthood.
- Physical warmth: Never forget to give your child a loving hug and an affectionate kiss. Mollycoddle your child and make him/her realize how important he/she is to you.
- Share and care: Enjoy the discussion on interesting topics. Especially, discuss a topic which your child feels interested in. Try to understand his/her feelings and help him/her to understand the world according to his/her own ways.
- Appreciate: Never think twice before appreciating some work of your child which you like. Praise his/her thinking and work. Ask your child to come up with new ideas, encourage and show him/her the right way.
- Provide interesting activities: The main reason why children behave badly is their involvement in lot of boring and dull activities. Provide some interesting and vibrant activities according to their penchant.
- Teach new skills: Children are always eager to learn new skills but parents should be the first one to do it and show their children. Then it is better to ask your children to repeat the same. As an example, talk politely and compassionately to each and everyone and ask your child to include “please”, “thanks” when he/she talks. Never forget to praise his/her effort.
- Let children know about the family rules: It is always prudent to share your thoughts beforehand. Let everybody, including your children know about the family norms and rules and also let them know about the probable consequences of breaking the rule.
- Put a clear point of view: If your child is misbehaving or doing something against your consent, then immediately stop his/her. If your child stops then praise him/her, else let him/her know about the after effects of that.
- Set some parameters for you: Never forget the fact that every child misbehaves. Allow that behavior to some extent. Try to realize that your child also has an opinion. Don’t try to control everything. That can lead to your own frustration.
- Take care of your own health: If you are not strong enough, it is difficult to maintain a calm and composed home atmosphere. Try to have control over your strain and stress. Unwind yourself at times and enjoy your life. That charm definitely will be reflected on your family life.