Symbol of Kwanzaa
correct on first try
Answer the questions below:
1. Kwanzaa was created by--
Maulana Ron Karenga
Martin Luther King Jr.
2. Kwanzaa created in which year?
3. Kwanzaa focuses on how many principles?
4. Kwanzaa in Swahili means—
First fruits of the harvest
5. Kwanzaa is celebrated for how many days?
6. December 26 is the starting day of Kwanzaa and it ends on
7. What was issued in 1997 to remember the holiday of Kwanzaa?
National day of peace
Day named after the holiday
8. The great feast takes place on December 31 and is called
9. Kwanzaa have how many fundamental concepts?
10. Kwanzaa has many principles. The first one is
11. Traditional Kwanzaa colors are
Black, red, blue
Red, green, yellow
Black, red, green
Black, green, pink
12. The traditional red color signifies
Land of Africa
13. Kwanzaa depicts the culture and values of--
14. Three of the primary symbols of Kwanzaa are--
A broom, wheat and water
A mat, a unity cup and a candle holder
A lion, a tiger and a bear
Corn, oats and barley
15. What is the phrase for the seven principles of Kwanzaa?
16. The candleholder that is used during the Kwanzaa celebration is known as—
An African candelabra
A black menorah
17. Kwanzaa adopts much of its structure from which other celebration?
Umkhosi in Zululand
Hanukkah in Israel
Bembe Elegba in Cuba
18. Which is the Swahili word recited at every Kwanzaa celebration that means, "Let's pull together"?
19. The pouring of libations is usually performed in honor of our ancestors by—
A male child
A clergy member
20. The Karamu is the major Kwanzaa feast held on December 31. Name the song of 1980s that features lyrics about this feast?
Happy Birthday- by Stevie Wonder
All Night Long- by Lionel Richie
How Long-by Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Your score is on the top right hand side of the page
CHECK THESE OUT!
Guru Nanak Jayanti
Refer This Page