Mocha Cooler (Coffee and Ice Cream)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
250 ml: Milk
100 ml: Cream
25 ml: Strong Black Coffee
4 scoops: Chocolate Ice-Cream
4 tbsp: Drinking Chocolate
1. Dissolve the chocolate in hot coffee.
2. Pour in milk. Chill. Whisk in cream.
3. Pour over ice cream in the glasses. Serve immediately.
Cottage Cheese Sizzler
500 gm: Paneer - mashed
2 slices: Bread - grated
1 tbsp: Garlic paste
1 tbsp: Ginger paste
1 cup: Onions - grated
1 cup: Mushrooms- sliced thin
1 tbsp: Cornflour mixed with 1 cup water
2 tbsp: Tomato Ketchup
1 tsp: Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp: Vinegar
1 tsp: Black Pepper powdered
Butter to drop on the plate as required
Oil to pan-fry
Salt to taste
1. Mix the paneer, bread, garlic, ginger and 1 tsp: salt and form into 4-6 rounds. Heat a thin layer of oil and pan fry the paneer patties till brown on both sides. Keep aside.
2. Mix the cornflour solution, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and vinegar and keep aside.
3. In the same pan brown the onions, add mushrooms over high heat and stir fry 4-5 times.
4. Add the cornflour mixture, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat till a little translucent. Keep aside warm, till ready to serve.
5. Heat the sizzler plates till very hot?a drop of water thrown over should sizzle and evaporate immediately. Place 2 paneer patties over it, turning once so it is heated through. Pour some of the sauce over and place whatever accompaniments you are serving with it over the plate.
6. Drop a dab of butter directly on the plate and serve immediately. Top
Oven temp: 190 C- 375 F
4 cups: Flour (maida)
2 tsp: Yeast - powdered
1 cup: Milk - luke warm
1 egg: Slightly beaten
1 cup: Butter - beaten to a soft consistency (like the dough)
1 tbsp: Sugar
1 tsp: Salt
1. Mix sugar into the milk and sprinkle yeast over it. Leave in a draught free place to froth.
2. Mix flour and salt. Add the milk and egg and knead to a smooth dough.
3. Roll out the dough into 1" thickness. Spread small pieces of butter on 2/3 of dough.
4. Fold together into three layers like folding a napkin, first the part without butter. Roll out and fold again. Repeat three or four times.
5. Leave in a cold place for 1/2 hour between each rolling.
6. This is the dough with which many different kinds of Danish pastry is made. When pastry is shaped, place on baking sheet and leave in cold place to rise for 15 to 20 minutes, then brush with egg white and bake in a fast oven until golden brown.
7. For croissants, roll and cut into square pieces, spread filling of your choice and roll from one corner, diagonally towards the opposite corner.
Proceed as described in point 5. Top
Florida Conch Fritters
2 cups water
1 tbsp. accent
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. seasoned salt
1 tbsp. black pepper
3/4 tbsp. thyme
4-6 cups self-rising flour
3 lbs. conch meat (fresh ground)
1/2 cup ground sweet pepper
1/2 cup ground carrot
1/2 cup ground onion
dash hot pepper sauce
Mix together first 6 ingredients. Add enough flour to form a thick batter, then add the remaining ingredients. Batter should be stiff enough to roll like a meatball. Roll in flour and drop into oil heated to 350 degrees. Cook until brown. Serve with tangy cocktail and tartar sauce. Serves 15 for cocktails.
Choco Friendship Crackers
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
salt to taste
To make the chocolate glaze
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp shortening
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat 1 cup of shortening, the brown sugar and honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed or mix with a spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt (This is where I would add the cocoa for the chocolate cookies). Roll half of the dough at a time 1/8" thick on lighty floured cloth-covered surface. Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds or squares. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool 1-2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
To glaze - melt the chocolate chips and shortening over low heat stirring occasionally. Drizzle over the cookies. Top
Baked Macaroni Pals
1 cup elbow macaroni (about 100 grams)
1-1/2 slightly heaped tablespoons butter, preferably unsalted
1 -1/2 tablespoons flour
1-3/4 cups milk
salt - to taste
pepper to taste
3 tablespoons grated cheese
In the larger pan, put 2-3/4 cups water, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few drops oil. Boil the mixture before dropping the macaroni. Time 6 minutes. Then pour the macaroni into the strainer and hold it under cold, running water for a few seconds. Keep aside. Melt the butter and add it to the sieved flour mix it so that the flour loses its raw smell. Now add milk while stirring the flour mixture. Take care so that lumps are not formed. Start heating again as soon as a smooth paste is made. Raise temperature to the boiling point. Stir from time to time till the sauce thickens. The whole process will take 3 minutes. Take the sauce off the fire. Stir in two tablespoons of the cheese. Now cut the stem off the capsicum. Scoop out the seeds and ribs with your hand. Cut three slices off it so you get pretty circular shapes. Chop the rest of the capsicum into tiny bits. Also slice the tomato into rings. Mix the capsicum with the macaroni and pour it into the oven proof dish. Pour the sauce over. Mix well. Smoothen the top. Arrange the capsicum and tomato slices on top. Sprinkle over the reserved cheese. When you are ready to eat preheat the oven to 180 degrees. This will take 10-20 minutes. Put the macaroni in and bake 20 minutes or till the top is golden brown and the macaroni is bubbling hot. Top