Lemony chicken recipe
- Garlic - 2 cloves.
- Rosemary - 2 tsp fresh, 1 tsp dried.
- Margarine - 2 tsp.
- Olive oil - 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice - 2/3 cup.
- Chicken thighs or breast (thawed) - 4 boneless & skinless.
- Salt and
- Mix margarine and oil on a heavy frying pan and heat over medium to high heat
until margarine melts.
- Add garlic and rosemary to the oil/butter mixture and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Then add lemon juice and boil the mixture.
- Put in chicken and fry until browned on all sides. Add salt and pepper to
- Turn down heat to LOW. Cover and cook for 20 - 30 mins or until chicken is
Go to Top
- Cake mix - 1 box(18 ounce) of any flavor.
- Dry whipped topping mix - 1 envelope.
- Cold water - 1 cup.
- Eggs - 4.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a medium-sized pan with nonstick cooking
spray containing flour. Keep to one side.
- In a large bowl, put in and combine cake mix, whipped topping mix, water, and
eggs. Whisk until blended. Then beat for
another 4 minutes at medium speed, until batter grows in volume. Pour into
prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cake pan for 25-30 minutes, or until cake pulls away from the edges
of the pan and is dark golden brown. Cool the
cake in pan for 5 minutes, and remove then. Frost as desired.
Go to Top'
- Asparagus - 1 pound, stems trimmed.
- Water - 1 cup.
Also needed: Knife, cutting board, measuring cups, pan with lid and a
collapsible steamer basket.
- Place water in steamer (just enough, so the bottom of the steamer basket will
not touch the water), and arrange asparagus
spears in the steamer basket. Place the basket in the pan and cover.
- When water comes to a rapid boil, add the asparagus and cook to turn it as
tender as you want. (An asparagus of average
thickness will take 7 minutes; thicker stalks take more time and very thin ones
- only a few mins.)
- Add salt and pepper. Serve instantly. If you like, you may add a little
Go to Top
- Potatoes - 3. Peeled, thinly sliced.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Flour - 2 tsp.
- Butter - 5 tsp.
- Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped.
- Crisp bacon - 3 slices, chopped.
- Milk - 2 cups.
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp.
Also needed: Cutting knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, measuring cups,
10-inch baking dish, saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices and place in water. Add in salt, boil for 8
minutes and then drain well.
- Grease a 10-inch baking dish and place potatoes in it in 3 layers, sprinkling
each layer with flour and coating with
butter. Atop each layer, sprinkle some of the onions and the bacon.
- Heat the milk until warm; season with the paprika and pour over the potato
slices. Bake the slices for about 35 mins.,
testing for tenderness with a fork.
Note: You can cook the potatoes in the same oven as the chicken.
Go to Top