* 400 ml double cream
* 0.5 tsp chilli powder
* 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 orange, grated zest
* 400 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids chopped into small pieces
* 100 ml champagne, or sparkling wine
1. Place the cream, chilli, cinnamon, and orange zest in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring often. Choose the saucepan that comfortably holds all the ingredients, and with heat dissipater or thick bottomed base.
2. Whisk well adding the dark chocolate until smooth and glossy. Add the champagne too and mix well.
3. Pour into a decorative serving bowl and place on a large dinner plate or round tray. If you have heart shaped containers, use them too.
4. Decorate to your heart’s content before you serve. For example, you can thread a selection of brownies (cut into 2cm cubes), strawberries, marshmallows, mini-muffins and an assortment of colorful fruit (kiwis, pineapple or papaya) onto skewers or cocktail sticks. Arrange these fruit skewers around the fondue pot - for an added flourish, sprinkle with rose petals for decoration. Be creative, and give your own personal touches.
Musse of Rich chocolate
* 1½ cups sugar
* ½ cup cocoa
* 1½ teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups flour
* ¾ teaspoon salt
* 1½ teaspoons vanilla
* ¾ cup vegetable oil
* 1½ cups water
* 1½ teaspoons vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an ungreased 9 x 13 pan- yes UNgreased, sift all dry ingredients.
3. Add the liquids and stir just until blended.
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Frost with your favorite frosting, cake is extremely moist so care must be taken that you don't tear up the top of the cake.
* ¾ cup sugar
* 1 (12 ounce) box chocolate wafers
* ½ cup milk
* 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 4 large egg whites
* 8 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
* 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup white sugar
* ¼ teaspoon baking powder
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* ½ cup all-purpose flour
Preparation : In a 15-ounce custard cup microwave the butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 30 to 40 seconds or just till melted. Swirl the butter in the custard cup, coating sides and bottom. Pour the excess butter from the custard cup into the beaten egg. Stir in the dark corn syrup and vanilla. Stir together flour and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Gently fold in chopped pecans. Pour the pecan mixture into the buttered 15-ounce custard cup. Microwave, uncovered, on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes or till the pecan mixture is just set, rotating the custard cup a half-turn every minute. Sift a little powdered sugar atop. Serve warm with light cream, if desired.
Meringue Tarts with Strawberries
1 c Sugar
1/2 ts Baking powder
1/8 ts Salt
3 ea Egg whites
1 ts Vanilla
1 ts Vinegar
1 ts Water
1 ea Fresh sliced strawberries
Sift the sugar with the baking powder and salt. Combine the egg whites, vanilla, vinegar, and water. Add the sugar mixture, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to the egg whites, alternating with a few drops of the liquid, beating constantly. When all combined, continue to beat for several minutes. Place large spoonfuls on baking sheet and shape into shallow cups. Bake at 225 degrees F. for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the meringues form the sheet quickly and cool them on rack. Fill with the strawberries.
Quick Raisin Dessert for Valentine's Day
1 c white sugar
1 c flour
2 ts baking soda
1 pn salt
1 c raisins
1/2 c milk
Combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well; stir in raisins and milk. Put in a greased 8"x11" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Peanut Butter Valentines Kiss Bars
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/4 c butter or margarine
1 c light brown sugar, packed
2 ea eggs
1 ts vanilla
2/3 c unsifted all-purpose flour
1 c chopped salted peanuts
16 ea chocolate kisses, unwrapped
Cream peanut butter, butter and brown sugar in mixer bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Blend in flour, stir in 3/4 cup chopped peanuts. Spread evenly in greased 9x9x2-inch square pan. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Bake at 350 F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate kisses in top allowing space for cutting the bars into squares. Cool completely; remove from pan.
Red Hot Valentine's Day Salad
6 oz Cherry Jello; (2 Pkgs)
4 oz Red Hots Candy
3 c Boiling Water
20 oz Pineapple, Crushed, Undrained
2 c Applesauce
Dissolve jello and cinnamon red hots in boiling water; set aside and let cool till room temperature When jello is cooled, add pineapple and applesauce. Pour into oiled 8-cup mold. Chill before serving.
Disclaimer:Most of these recipes were submitted by users and surfers to TheHolidaySpot, and we do not claim any ownership or responsibility to these. If you think you have any issues with these, then please contact us and we will do the needful.